advanced standing program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shammitandel

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi friends
has any one applied to upenn this year, last year ihad been to that school 4 the interview, but was not accepted. igot 91 in nbde 1 and have not taken part 2 and planning to take it in dec. meanwhile i am working as a dental assistant. do i have any chance to get in upenn. i applied to upenn on oct 14. thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Shammit
Congrats on your great Scores ..Would it be possible for you to tell students like me who are preparing for part1 ..
1.How tough is the exams?
2.Does Dental decks and old question papers and kaplan book help out or more material is needed?
3. In applying to schools for adanvced Standing ..is a good GPA important apart from good NDBE scores?
4.How best to prepare for Dental Anatomy .
Kindly help out students like me ..who are really trying hard to study and make it ..
Did you have a study plan?
Only self -motivation is keeping most of us going ..and it is really tough ..
Thanks in advance
Smilemaker:p

I agree with SmileMaker: there is no hints or help on how to prepare for those exams. Any comment from those that passed is, by it self, motivating, so please let us know how you did to get such a nice score.

Rafael Guerra (FTD)

Smilemaker: What I am doing is staying as close as I can to a program that I developed to cover everything until November 2nd. On November 2nd I am taking a "mock board", just randomly taking one of the released exams that I did not read in advance.

Based on the results of that one (and the way I'll feel after it) take the following 4 weeks to cover my weaknesses and hope that everything goes well on December 2nd.

For Dental Anatomy, I am using my original text book, Dental decks and some models (including my own) to associate the information with the 3D image and vice-versa.

That's about it. Let me know if you have any further questions.

That's about it