Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2009
Status
Medical Student
So I have 30 days before I retake the MCAT. I previously studied with Exam Krackers, took all of the CBT tests and scored a 10PS, 9VR, 10BS (29R).
I believe my CBT average was around 33 (which may or may not be slightly skewed). I already submitted my application....

I'm just at a loss to how I should start studying again. The one thing I will work on is stamina. By the end of the test I was just drained--I remember screaming at myself (inside of my head of course) to keep paying attention in the BS section... that was not a good sign.

I am disillusioned with the whole process and feel like the CBT tests and Exam Krackers were so far off base from the actual test material (in fact, the only thing I found similar between the test and study materials was the format). Any advice guys? I'd really appreciate it. Feel free to PM me too.

*****ALSO, did anybody else feel like their MCAT Biological Section was solely experiment based? For example, they knocked out genes in this rat (or mutated some gene, or evaluated some diease) and then you were suppose to figure out the answers from the complicated graphs/tables/wording.*****

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I somehow posted this twice :(

Last edited:

OPPforlife

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Clemson SC
Status
Medical Student
I think at this point in time you have already done a good job in terms of preparation. Continue with the FL exams. Also, if you really want to knock this bad boy out of the park, stop hating the exam and start loving science in general. Start looking in to all those crazy theories that you have heard friends talked about or read in newspapers or journals or have heard your professors mentioned. I'm sure you were initially interested in them but probably just busy or lazy to actually find out exactly what that stuff meant. Well, now you have a great excuse.

I'll start you on this exercise right now. Here are two things that you may have wondered about but never actually taken the time to understand. Mind you they are extremely simple, but a lot of times we don't take the time to appreciate such phenomenon.

1) find out exactly what causes lightening to occur.
2) how is the speed of sound altered when traveling from a liquid to solid? and why is it altered? hint: the answer lies in the structure of solids and liquids, and the wave properties of sound.

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
There are three things that come to mind. First, take 2 days off for some R&R and do nothing MCAT related. After that, you need to analyze everything (your MCAT goes without saying, but you should analyze even down to your sleeping habits) that happened during your last study schedule. Find your weaknesses and figure out ways to prevent them. Lastly, you MUST get some new practice tests and practice material in general.

OP
S
Jun 4, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I think both of these responses are good advice. Thank you! Please keep it coming :) I need to kick myself back into study mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.