Advice and questions to ask Dr. that serves on medical school advisory board to the dean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TFredrick

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work at an ophthalmology clinic at a large state research university and recently got the chance to speak quickly with a world renowned ophthalmology that I work for. He is well known, one of the youngest professors at the school, serves on the board of advisory to the dean of the medical school, and set up a meeting with me that will allow me to talk with him further. I hope to make the most of the opportunity as I am a current applicant to the school and have borderline stats.

Are there any questions you believe I should ask or any advice you can give me that would possibly allow me to stand out?

Members don't see this ad.

How can I become a more competitive applicant for medical school?

Do not think that just because this guy gets to know you that this will increase your chances.
I have no expectations. Just hoping I can learn something and anything more that happens is an added bonus. Thanks for the answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
But you've already applied, right? What were you thinking of asking him? What do you hope to gain from your meeting?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
But you've already applied, right? What were you thinking of asking him? What do you hope to gain from your meeting?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Well I do all of the imaging for him so I'd like to talk to him about some of his patients that I've seen that have been interesting. Maybe ask about some application stuff like how to stand out in a large applicant pool. And also just to get to know him in case he could possibly write a letter of rec for me in the future.