Advice - Colorado vs. Maryland vs. UNLV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsgirl2004

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been having a rough time deciding between the University of Colorado, the University of Maryland, and UNLV for the fall. Does anyone have any advice on what they really like about these schools for me? I live closer to UNLV and Colorado, but I know Maryland has a good clinical program, so I am so confused about which one I should pick. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

VEGAS BABY!! What more could you ask for? Seriously, I think it's one of the best places to live while in dental school. Most residential areas are away from the strip, so if you're not into that scene then your safe. Being from So Cal I'd love to go to UNLV and stay close to home. I can't say much about the other 2 schools cuz I have no clue. But Colorado sounds more appealing than Maryland. Besides, you got Havasu, Cottonwood, and Mead all right there, what more can you ask for!

Yeah Vegas offers the locals an opportunity to make some bucks off the tourists. Hang out at the Hold Em poker tables and be ready to jump into an empty spot just after the blinds ante has passed. You then get to see your hole cards at no cost until the blinds comes around to you again. If you are dealt junk in the hole just fold, but if you draw good (2 aces for example), play em out because the odds are with you in the long run. Once the blinds come back around to you, get up and walk.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been playing poker online for the past months nonstop in preparation for vegas :D Cant wait to hit a little 1/5 hold'em.

Here is something you should consider about UNLV. They will have a brand spankin new building ready for us entering students. Everything is going to be cutting edge like electric handpeices, digital x-rays, new kavo units, etc. The only other school to offer those amenities is Arizona.

Keep in mind also that if you go to colorado, tuition will be about half of each of the other schools you're considering. Small class size and a Brand New Building that will completed after our freshman year. It will, of course, have all the amenities that Shawn mentioned about UNLV and AZ.

Thank you all so much for your replies. For the person who is going to Colorado, I just had a question about the diversity of the dental school at the University of Colorado, and about Denver in general, if you have any information about that.

Thanks again so much.