Advice for doing the Phyiscs/Chemistry Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RobbStark

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard from several people that DO NOT READ THE PASSAGE. Is it effective for everyone, do people actually list out outlines. Should I do this for Biology and Behavior science sections too?

Members don't see this ad.

It is completely up to you. I read the passages through and through, but as opposed to CARS where I would read with the intent of absorbing and analyzing everything on the first pass instead I skim over it fairly quickly to get the main idea. There are questions in this section of the MCAT that are in reference to the context and not just an equation or a reaction--so it is good to know where to find certain places in the passage.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't follow that advice. You're going to want to read the passage as it can yield some important information for the questions (and sometimes makes it as easy as looking back to the passage and finding the answer, although this is rarer)

Reactions: 1 user
What? why not? If you feel rushed towards the end...then maybe employ that tactic...but if you pace yourself...read the passage..it can only help. More importantly...for physics...memorize the equations! Learn the units...and know how to interconvert. For example...e field and distance...you should be able to calculate the voltage...work ...etc. for example....v is ed. Work is f*d......f = eq...thus w = eqd...additionally...w = vq...since v = ed. just knowing the relationships can often help answer questions.