Jul 26, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I've heard from several people that DO NOT READ THE PASSAGE. Is it effective for everyone, do people actually list out outlines. Should I do this for Biology and Behavior science sections too?

OrdinaryDO

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2011
Status
Medical Student
It is completely up to you. I read the passages through and through, but as opposed to CARS where I would read with the intent of absorbing and analyzing everything on the first pass instead I skim over it fairly quickly to get the main idea. There are questions in this section of the MCAT that are in reference to the context and not just an equation or a reaction--so it is good to know where to find certain places in the passage.

Reactions: Dr. Trenb

eagle311

eagle211
7+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
For bio and behav science i NEED to read the passage. Dont apply the same tactic

About the Ads

UNMedGa

Newbie!
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2015
Capital of Passive-Aggression
Status
Medical Student
Don't follow that advice. You're going to want to read the passage as it can yield some important information for the questions (and sometimes makes it as easy as looking back to the passage and finding the answer, although this is rarer)

Reactions: OrdinaryMD

studentdocftw

M4
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2015
Status
Medical Student
What? why not? If you feel rushed towards the end...then maybe employ that tactic...but if you pace yourself...read the passage..it can only help. More importantly...for physics...memorize the equations! Learn the units...and know how to interconvert. For example...e field and distance...you should be able to calculate the voltage...work ...etc. for example....v is ed. Work is f*d......f = eq...thus w = eqd...additionally...w = vq...since v = ed. just knowing the relationships can often help answer questions.

About the Ads