1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Advice for doing the Phyiscs/Chemistry Section

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by RobbStark, Aug 9, 2015.

1. RobbStark

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I've heard from several people that DO NOT READ THE PASSAGE. Is it effective for everyone, do people actually list out outlines. Should I do this for Biology and Behavior science sections too?

2. OrdinaryDO

OrdinaryDO Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It is completely up to you. I read the passages through and through, but as opposed to CARS where I would read with the intent of absorbing and analyzing everything on the first pass instead I skim over it fairly quickly to get the main idea. There are questions in this section of the MCAT that are in reference to the context and not just an equation or a reaction--so it is good to know where to find certain places in the passage.

Dr. Trenb likes this.
  3. eagle311

eagle311 eagle211
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    For bio and behav science i NEED to read the passage. Dont apply the same tactic

4. UNMedGa

UNMedGa No time, busy doctor!
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Don't follow that advice. You're going to want to read the passage as it can yield some important information for the questions (and sometimes makes it as easy as looking back to the passage and finding the answer, although this is rarer)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    OrdinaryMD likes this.
  5. studentdocftw

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    What? why not? If you feel rushed towards the end...then maybe employ that tactic...but if you pace yourself...read the passage..it can only help. More importantly...for physics...memorize the equations! Learn the units...and know how to interconvert. For example...e field and distance...you should be able to calculate the voltage...work ...etc. for example....v is ed. Work is f*d......f = eq...thus w = eqd...additionally...w = vq...since v = ed. just knowing the relationships can often help answer questions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...