Advice for January MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markovchn123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm registered to take the MCAT in January, so that leaves me with a little over 6 weeks to prepare. So far I have taken the following practice exams in order

Kaplan 1: 499
Kaplan 2: 500
Kaplan 3: 501
TPR demo: 504
AAMC sample: C/P: 73% CARS: 89% B/B: 71% P/S: 88%, total: 80%

I took the AAMC sample before I did the question packs (that was stupid) but so far I have the following scores on the question packs

Physics: 82% Chem: 88% Bio 1: 73%

So based on what I have so far, after this week I will have a solid 5 weeks to study with no distractions (no work, school, obligations other than spend some time with family/friends). Therefore I want to know what practice exams you would all recommend and how I should go about studying. Should I just do exams and practice packs? Should I take time to do content? I just want to know what you think would be the best way to maximize the time I have left and based on where my practice scores have been what score range do you guys think I'm at so far?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I'm registered to take the MCAT in January, so that leaves me with a little over 6 weeks to prepare. So far I have taken the following practice exams in order

Kaplan 1: 499
Kaplan 3: 501
TPR demo: 504
AAMC sample: C/P: 73% CARS: 89% B/B: 71% P/S: 88%, total: 80%

I took the AAMC sample before I did the question packs (that was stupid) but so far I have the following scores on the question packs

Physics: 82% Chem: 88% Bio 1: 73%

So based on what I have so far, after this week I will have a solid 5 weeks to study with no distractions (no work, school, obligations other than spend some time with family/friends). Therefore I want to know what practice exams you would all recommend and how I should go about studying. Should I just do exams and practice packs? Should I take time to do content? I just want to know what you think would be the best way to maximize the time I have left and based on where my practice scores have been what score range do you guys think I'm at so far?

Thanks

I am in a very similar boat as you... I have taken a couple Kaplan Test in order:
Kaplan 1: 497
Kaplan 8: 504
Kaplan 9:500

I am going to do as many aamc questions as I can get my hands on the next month and find what topics I am weak in.... I have all of the Q packs and AAMC material so that is what I am going to focus on, plus maybe a couple more kaplan exams.

I wanted to do all of the EK exams but I also heard that the NS 4 and 5 were very good but I think there's not enough time to do all of them considering the fact that it takes a solid 2 or 3 full days to really go over one exam.