Advice for MCAT PREP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ezsanche

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone.

I have been studying extremely hard for the mcat these past 2 months. This is my second time taking the mcat. I got a 27 last year (P-11, V-5, B-11) but I think I did poorly mostly because of the way I studied last time ( I never took a practice test). This time around I am determine to do well so I have been hitting the books hard. Just to give you guys some ideas of what I have done to study for the MCAT I have included a list of all the materials I have reviewed so far.

EXAMKRACKER

EK comprehensive study package
EK 1H practice test
1001 science series
101 verbal
16 mini mcats

KAPLAN

MCAT comprehensive study guideMCAT 45
FL 1-8
Kaplan topical science and verbal tests.

Princeton Review
Princeton comprehensive study guide
MCAT workout
Practice tests A-D (2000)

Columbia REVIEW

3 practice tests
Verbal review

Acro

Verbal workout

Nova
The whole science and verbal series.

AAMC
The offical mcat study guide
Practice test 3-10

My practice tests scores have ranged from 32 to 38 with my mcat average around 35. I have exhausted all of my mcat practice materials and my exam is on the 21st. So I was wondering what else should I do to prep? Should I take the Berkely CBTs? I want to take tests that accurately mimic the actual MCAT. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Also on a side note- by taking the mcat on the 21st I wont get my test scores until the 22nd of september. I have already submitted my AMCAs form and I have gotten secondaries from schools. Should i submit my secondaries before I get my new MCAT score?

Members don't see this ad.

your physical sciences and biological sciences look good to me, you should probably focus heavily on verbal and get EK 101 verbal book. You need to get a solid score on verbal and you will be doing fine.

Wow. Looks like you've been very thorough and your current practice scores are great. I would definitely try to save some practice tests for the last week before the test so you can be in the groove when you take it. The only practice tests I know of that you haven't done are the Gold Standard. I have heard other people use them but don't know if they are any good myself. Good luck!

Okay...I'm thinking about getting the gold standard or TBR CBTS. Does anyone recommend one over the other?

Members don't see this ad :)
wow.
you have prepared a lot.
i wouldnt recommend anything.
i feel so discouraged now since my tests is on 21st too
but i only used Kaplan and ExamKrackers
well,

good luck
:)

you will be doing amazing.