ezsanche

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2007
Status
hey everyone.

I have been studying extremely hard for the mcat these past 2 months. This is my second time taking the mcat. I got a 27 last year (P-11, V-5, B-11) but I think I did poorly mostly because of the way I studied last time ( I never took a practice test). This time around I am determine to do well so I have been hitting the books hard. Just to give you guys some ideas of what I have done to study for the MCAT I have included a list of all the materials I have reviewed so far.

EXAMKRACKER

EK comprehensive study package
EK 1H practice test
1001 science series
101 verbal
16 mini mcats

KAPLAN

MCAT comprehensive study guideMCAT 45
FL 1-8
Kaplan topical science and verbal tests.

Princeton Review
Princeton comprehensive study guide
MCAT workout
Practice tests A-D (2000)

Columbia REVIEW

3 practice tests
Verbal review

Acro

Verbal workout

Nova
The whole science and verbal series.

AAMC
The offical mcat study guide
Practice test 3-10

My practice tests scores have ranged from 32 to 38 with my mcat average around 35. I have exhausted all of my mcat practice materials and my exam is on the 21st. So I was wondering what else should I do to prep? Should I take the Berkely CBTs? I want to take tests that accurately mimic the actual MCAT. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Also on a side note- by taking the mcat on the 21st I wont get my test scores until the 22nd of september. I have already submitted my AMCAs form and I have gotten secondaries from schools. Should i submit my secondaries before I get my new MCAT score?

dapmp91

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
your physical sciences and biological sciences look good to me, you should probably focus heavily on verbal and get EK 101 verbal book. You need to get a solid score on verbal and you will be doing fine.

Jul 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Wow. Looks like you've been very thorough and your current practice scores are great. I would definitely try to save some practice tests for the last week before the test so you can be in the groove when you take it. The only practice tests I know of that you haven't done are the Gold Standard. I have heard other people use them but don't know if they are any good myself. Good luck!

OP
E

ezsanche

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2007
Status
Okay...I'm thinking about getting the gold standard or TBR CBTS. Does anyone recommend one over the other?

snipermonkey

5+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2009
Chicago, IL
Status
Medical Student
wow.
you have prepared a lot.
i wouldnt recommend anything.
i feel so discouraged now since my tests is on 21st too
but i only used Kaplan and ExamKrackers
well,