1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Advice for Next April

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by metastasis, Aug 5, 2006.

1. metastasis

metastasis Member
    2+ Year Member

I am planning to take the MCAT in April next year, and here is my plan. Please tell me what you think I should add/remove. Thanks.

I have already taken orgo and did pretty decent, and I had a very high Bio GPA and I took physiology, cell biology, biochemistry and ecology. I will also be taking immunology, virology, nucleus, and clinical biochem next year. I took physics in high school and had done extremley well in it. I will also be taking 6 courses first term, and 4 courses second term with 3 exams only second term.

Summer 2006
    - Review Physics, EK 1001
    - Review Biology, EK 1001
    - Review Orgo, EK 1001

During the year
    - Each weekend do a full length verbal. One week Kaplan, the other week EK.

During the Christmas Break
    - Review Physics, Biology, and Orgo notes
    - Do TPR Questions
    - Kaplan Subject/Topical Tests

During Term 2:
    - Review Chemistry, Chem EK 1001
    - Every weekend take a Kaplan or TPR full length

During Spring Break:
    - Review Everything, and continue full lengths

After Spring Break:
    - Each weekend do an AAMC

Week before the MCAT:
    - Review Kaplan flashcards
    - Review Notes
    - 2 days before stop studying.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Summer Sweet

Summer Sweet Le chéri, c'est la vie
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That's awesome. I'm prepping for next year too, and hopefully I can make myself stick to some sort of schedule like that. Although, I'm going to try and pick a testing date that isn't in the middle of my academic quarters, so I'll have less school stress to worry about around that time.

4. olemissbabydoc

olemissbabydoc Baby Doctor
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Your schedule looks great.. i might actually use some of the planning in making my own.

I'm wit ya on the April date.. or close thereto..