Advice for Next Summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaDocDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am currently a rising sophomore, and I have started reviewing my options for next summer. This summer, I am currently working as a medical assistant in a doctor's office. For next summer, there are three main programs in which I would love to participate. Thus, I was hoping for some feedback on them so that I can narrow down my options:

1) Volunteer abroad in India for Unite for Sight
2) Take an intensive Spanish course abroad in Spain
3) Participate/Apply to various summer research programs within the US

I would appreciate any comments that you guys might have. Thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am currently a rising sophomore, and I have started reviewing my options for next summer. This summer, I am currently working as a medical assistant in a doctor's office. For next summer, there are three main programs in which I would love to participate. Thus, I was hoping for some feedback on them so that I can narrow down my options:

1) Volunteer abroad in India for Unite for Sight
2) Take an intensive Spanish course abroad in Spain
3) Participate/Apply to various summer research programs within the US

I would appreciate any comments that you guys might have. Thanks for the help

All three look legit. But which one are you really interested in? I'd choose one which I know I want to do and have fun doing it. Don't do something to try to impress the adcoms, if you don't want to do that activity. Good luck.

All three look legit. But which one are you really interested in? I'd choose one which I know I want to do and have fun doing it. Don't do something to try to impress the adcoms, if you don't want to do that activity. Good luck.

:thumbup: I agree. All these programs can work, do whatever interests you most. Any one of these would be an asset to your application.