Advice for Rewrite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metukah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After not doing well on 06/17, I have decided that I am going to try one last time. My PS is my weakness. I have to decide if I should write on August 24 (a little over 2 weeks from now) or Sept 2, since these are the only dates available. I havent review or studied since my exam. My issue is although the Aug 24 is very soon, I would at least get my scores out before the Oct 1 OMSAS (Canadian deadlines) for applying. If I write Sept 2, I will have to apply to each school and not know how my MCAT went = big waste of time and money if my scores don't meet cutoffs.

Since I have used all other materials, my plan is to use TBR physics and gchem this time around for practice and review. Should I cram into like 17 days? or give myself until Sept 2? I am also a Masters student, so won't have all day to study.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If I were in your shoes, I would retake in January or next summer. I know that puts you into next years application cycle, but I don't think you'll see any big jumps in your score after taking a month off and only two weeks to cram. If you delay, you have to make sure to stick to a study plan and cover all of the material you need.

Good luck.