Advice for someone in Crisis!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miamidoc2b

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take step 1 on july 21 and all of a sudden my relationship with my boyfriend of two years is suddenly falling apart. He seems to be interested in someone he began rotations with last week. I slept a total of 3 hours last night and my studying for the last couple days has been minimal.

Before this I was doing everything right and was confident I would score well. I am really concerned about how this will affect my score. Would it be wise to just take the beast the soonest i can which would be july 18? I would like to know if anyone who has been in a similar situation could offer me some advice on how to proceed with my studying. And if you haven't it would be great to hear your advice to.

Members don't see this ad.

Been there 2 many times and I still am (with my hubby none the less).SOLUTION:If u have been studying good take the damn exam only after you take the nbme and see where u stand .If not move out AND postpone it for a week or so avoid all contact with him.Try to not postpone the exam MORE THAN THAT your short term memory is gonna dry out and restudying is not a worthwhile option.
HE IS TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT.feel free to pm me if you need to vent!!!
good luck

As harsh as this will sound your boyfriend sounds like an a**hole. He could have waited 2 weeks to cause drama. Try to look at the bright side and say it is better to know this now before you got married or wasted more time with him. I know so many people who divorce in residency when they meet someone new. If he is always looking the horizon for someone new that is his own issue and is not a reflection of your worth!!!!