Advice from Pre-Podiatry Students would be great

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

horenng

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for some advice on podiatry school. I am currently in the process of applying to medical school. However recently I talked to a podiatry student who got me very interested in the profession. He said I would be a competitive applicant.
I am currently a senior at a state school in Ohio. I have a 4.0 GPA and scored a 29N on the MCAT. I have done research for two years and have two publications in the process. I also have extensive volunteering and physician shadowing/ER experience (I worked as an ER clerk).
However, I have never shadowed a podiatrist. Also, If I were to apply, I would imagine I would be very late in the game. I was told I would be eligible for good scholarships. Would this still apply to me this late in the process? Also, I really enjoy research and was curious which schools are more research-oriented. Any help would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

scholl offers DPM/PhD degree

I was hoping for some advice on podiatry school. I am currently in the process of applying to medical school. However recently I talked to a podiatry student who got me very interested in the profession. He said I would be a competitive applicant.
I am currently a senior at a state school in Ohio. I have a 4.0 GPA and scored a 29N on the MCAT. I have done research for two years and have two publications in the process. I also have extensive volunteering and physician shadowing/ER experience (I worked as an ER clerk).
However, I have never shadowed a podiatrist. Also, If I were to apply, I would imagine I would be very late in the game. I was told I would be eligible for good scholarships. Would this still apply to me this late in the process? Also, I really enjoy research and was curious which schools are more research-oriented. Any help would be great.
If those numbers are serious, you'll get offers from most med and pod schools period. Scholarships to follow. Shouldn't be too late for any school in either profession with those scores. Good luck.

If those numbers are serious, you'll get offers from most med and pod schools period. Scholarships to follow. Shouldn't be too late for any school in either profession with those scores. Good luck.

Not too late. If you havent already started your podiatry school application, get the ball rolling ASAP. Send me a PM for more info...