Advice Junior

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psu2019sci

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently am a junior attending Penn State University and am majoring in B.S. Science general option on the pre-med track. I have a cGPA of 3.63 and a sGPA of 3.35. I know I have a lot of time left and am planning on taking a gap year, but at this point do I have anything to worry about? I always panick that I'm going to end up not getting accepted anywhere. Advice? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

As long as your MCAT is up to par you should be fine for mid to lower tier MDs and most to all DOs. Do you have any research/healthcare experience?

As long as your MCAT is up to par you should be fine for mid to lower tier MDs and most to all DOs. Do you have any research/healthcare experience?
Yeah I interned at a hospital this past summer and am applying for another one this summer!

Hell, pull a (science-heavy) strong last couple years and you could boost those GPAs up to 3.7/3.7; with a 518+ you could be a competitive applicant for top 20s as well.