Advice needed about the DO LOR........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njdesi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My files have been complete at 11 DO schools since mid-July. I recieved a rejection from CCOM and waitlist at AZCOM. TUCOM on 11/4. Yet to hear from UMDNJ, PCOM, UNE, LECOM, NYCOM, UHS, KCOM, DMU. My April 2002 score was a 23 Q, and August 2002 was 25 P.
I am presuming that the other 8 schools are waiting for August 2002 scores.

Anyway, I never sent in my DO LOR, I just sent in an MD LOR. I have been shadowing a DO the past week who says he will write me an LOR>Could the fact that I dont have an LOR from a DO look unfavorable upon adcom's at some DO Schools??? I know I have the stats and MCAT scores and grades. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Send in the letter from the DO.

A good friend hinted to me that I may have been to blunt in my response, so I will formulate another...

If you have an opportunity to get a letter from a DO, by all means get the letter. Send it to the schools. Some schools require a letter from a DO, and that request was likely printed in the secondary application form.

At this point, while waiting for interviews, whatever positive press you can generate at a school about yourself is good.

Get the letter and mail it in.

To friend: Is that better? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
:clap:

Friend to Josh, "MUCH BETTER!" :clap: