Advice needed about the DO LOR........

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by njdesi, Oct 14, 2002.

1. njdesi

njdesi Senior Member

My files have been complete at 11 DO schools since mid-July. I recieved a rejection from CCOM and waitlist at AZCOM. TUCOM on 11/4. Yet to hear from UMDNJ, PCOM, UNE, LECOM, NYCOM, UHS, KCOM, DMU. My April 2002 score was a 23 Q, and August 2002 was 25 P.
    I am presuming that the other 8 schools are waiting for August 2002 scores.

Anyway, I never sent in my DO LOR, I just sent in an MD LOR. I have been shadowing a DO the past week who says he will write me an LOR>Could the fact that I dont have an LOR from a DO look unfavorable upon adcom's at some DO Schools??? I know I have the stats and MCAT scores and grades. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

Resident [Any Field]
    Send in the letter from the DO.

4. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

Resident [Any Field]
    A good friend hinted to me that I may have been to blunt in my response, so I will formulate another...

If you have an opportunity to get a letter from a DO, by all means get the letter. Send it to the schools. Some schools require a letter from a DO, and that request was likely printed in the secondary application form.

At this point, while waiting for interviews, whatever positive press you can generate at a school about yourself is good.

Get the letter and mail it in.

To friend: Is that better? :D

5. Chisel

Chisel Senior Member

:clap:

Friend to Josh, "MUCH BETTER!" :clap:

6. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

Resident [Any Field]