Advice Needed for 1st Yr DPT Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTHopeful10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice from current Student PT's on what subjects to brush up on as an entering 1st year student? I've heard Gross Anatomy is definitely one of those subjects. If so, do you have any book recommendations? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Same thing!!! I would love to get a head start on prepping for year 1... I read in another form that Moonwalking with Einstein was a good book to read for developing memorization skills.

Nothing. Relax. Have fun. Enjoy life before your 2-3 year lock up.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same thing!!! I would love to get a head start on prepping for year 1... I read in another form that Moonwalking with Einstein was a good book to read for developing memorization skills.
I've heard that too actually. Thanks for the reminder. I will look into it!

Do whatever you would do on vacation. You will never have so much free time as you will before school starts. You're entering another stage of your life.

Brushing up on anatomy could possibly be useful but school does a great job of helping you retain the large amount of material you will need to know throughout your coursework. Go ahead and relax.

I would not recommend trying to memorize origin insertion action & innervation of all the muscles nor would I go over associated ligaments/joints/neurovasculature. Your anatomy professor will provide you a series of pnemonics and techniques to help you understand the relationships present in the human body.

RELAX!!!!!!

Seriously, relax. Don't worry about brushing up on anatomy or anything because once you start it is going to be your life and you'll be just fine. There will be people in your program from all types of backgrounds, a few people may seem more ahead of the game in the beginning but eventually it evens out. Enjoy the time you have off now and when the time comes to start just hit it hard!

Seriously, just relax and enjoy your last days of freedom.

Thanks everyone! Your message is loud and clear. I appreciate the feedback.