USMLE Advice needed for studying throughout the year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mc-boogles

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a second year med student and my exam is June 14th, three months away to the day, and I wanted to ask you all for some advice.

My studying up to this point has been focused on doing well in my schools classes and I haven't really been doing much besides that. I use Kaplan Qbank to help study for classes with the subject specific features and have been using pathoma for classes as well. I've very recently started doing short sets of random on Uworld also but have only done a little over 100 questions there. My school has about a month and a half of classes left where I still have to cover pathology in MSK, neuro, derm, and endocrine and then I'll have about 6 weeks of dedicated time.

In my dedicated I plan on finishing Uworld 1.5x, pathoma up to 3x, take three NBME's, and read first aid once.

I took the first Uworld self assessment yesterday and got a 230 estimated score which I was happy with and the five subjects I scored the worst in were the subjects I haven't covered yet plus micro which was my first class back in August.

My questions to you all are twofold. One, I never used sketchy micro during the year but I was wondering if it would be worth buying to use since its one of my weaker areas? And two, are there any suggestions for me for something else that I should be doing? I learn best by doing questions so I'll finish Kaplan before my dedicated time and then finish Uworld 1.5x

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a second year med student and my exam is June 14th, three months away to the day, and I wanted to ask you all for some advice.

My studying up to this point has been focused on doing well in my schools classes and I haven't really been doing much besides that. I use Kaplan Qbank to help study for classes with the subject specific features and have been using pathoma for classes as well. I've very recently started doing short sets of random on Uworld also but have only done a little over 100 questions there. My school has about a month and a half of classes left where I still have to cover pathology in MSK, neuro, derm, and endocrine and then I'll have about 6 weeks of dedicated time.

In my dedicated I plan on finishing Uworld 1.5x, pathoma up to 3x, take three NBME's, and read first aid once.

I took the first Uworld self assessment yesterday and got a 230 estimated score which I was happy with and the five subjects I scored the worst in were the subjects I haven't covered yet plus micro which was my first class back in August.

My questions to you all are twofold. One, I never used sketchy micro during the year but I was wondering if it would be worth buying to use since its one of my weaker areas? And two, are there any suggestions for me for something else that I should be doing? I learn best by doing questions so I'll finish Kaplan before my dedicated time and then finish Uworld 1.5x

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Get sketchy micro. Those videos are so high yield you could watch them at 1x once and retain it. There's a lot of videos though so plan to spread it out.

Reactions: 1 user
Get sketchy micro. Those videos are so high yield you could watch them at 1x once and retain it. There's a lot of videos though so plan to spread it out.
This. Do sketchy. I hear they are coming out with part one of sketchy path at the end of this month, next week. (How lovely for me, my exam is this week so i would've loved that lol) but definitely do at least an hour a day...When you get closer to the exam day, like a 1w before, go thru sketchy during that review time. Micro and pharm are high yield. It'll help you get those points ^^

Sent from my Moto G Play using SDN mobile