Advice needed for when to take the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weanprednisone

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
First time post here!
I registered for the April 2016 dates, and it finally hit me that I won't be ready in 3 months with full-time classes and work:confused:. I originally registered for April back in December, thinking that my scores could be ready when I turn in my app in the first week of June. I need some insight as to will there be an actual difference (pros and cons) to my app progress if I take the MCAT in May or June. I believe I am slightly misinformed about how the app is verified and such. Thank you so much in advance! :happy:

Test date: May 14 Score Release Date: June 14
Test date: May 20 Score Release Date: June 21
Test date: June 2 Score Release Date: July 6
Test date: June 18 Score Release Date: July 19

Members don't see this ad.

The biggest con to taking the MCAT early is if you're not ready. Therefore, if you're ready in May, take it in May. If you're ready in June, take it in June. AMCAS transcript receipt begins sometime during the first week of May, and application submission is in June. It takes up to 6 weeks for verification. If you take the exam in June, you will get your score around the same time when your application gets verified.

^ Like the above said, take it when you feel you are ready. You can always get verified first.

Thanks for making my life less stressful!!! :happy::happy:
The biggest con to taking the MCAT early is if you're not ready. Therefore, if you're ready in May, take it in May. If you're ready in June, take it in June. AMCAS transcript receipt begins sometime during the first week of May, and application submission is in June. It takes up to 6 weeks for verification. If you take the exam in June, you will get your score around the same time when your application gets verified.