ADVICE needed form ALL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmdmojo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Florida State University vs University of Miami

@fsu i'll save like 100 grand cause it's public. small class size of 40... and a great administration...they're like your new best friends. overall great atmosphere except for the fact that they have NO teaching hospital. They ship you out for your 3rd and 4th year to orlando or pensecola for the rotations. @miami you have jackson a HUGE teaching hospital. Where should I go if i love both?

Members don't see this ad.

Who cares if you're switched out? You're going to get a great education at FSU, and you'll save lots and lots of money in the meantime, not to mention all the other pros for this school. Don't live with loans if you don't have to. Save the money!!!!

Go where you can save the money. Coming out of college I was accepted at a couple of highly regarded med schools (Pritzger & Wash. U) but chose to go to Ohio State for school, mainly because of the money. I'm a fourth year now, and I don't regret that decision for a moment. I interviewed for top residency positions in surgery (Vandy, Duke, Pitt, etc.) and have had a great time in school. It doesn't matter where you go, only that you do well while you are there.
Hope this helps.

yeah, keep away from the debt as much as possible. You'd be happy at either school and trust me, you'll be even happier when the money you earn as a physician or resident goes into your bank account and not to pay off the interest on your loans.