Medical Advice needed, is there any hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a long story but I will not bore you all with it. Long story short: I was on my way to achieving a sGPA of 3.0 when this past summer I decided to take 3 science courses. I quickly realized I made a mistake because I was working full time and dropped two of the courses.

Fast forward to the end of the semester I received a B in the one course I kept. I found out I never actually dropped both courses and received an F it was a lab and a lecture (5 credits together).

I spoke with all sorts of people from my institution to find some sort of resolution. Yet they all stated it was my responsibility to make sure I withdrew correctly.

My sgpa thus dropped down to a 2.5 from a 2.8 (this is after I raised it from a 2.4ish previously) my cgpa is at a 2.97 from a 3.2. I was completely devastated for a couple of months. So devastated, I decided not to take courses this semester to recoup.

I currently feel better but I am lost at this point. I don’t know what other options are there for me. Do I continue on this DIY path? Shoot my shot at an SMP? Do I give up on this dream of mine? Is there any hope for me?

It’s all I’ve ever wanted to do.

Thank you.
Find out if you can get retroactive W for the two Fs. Some schools allow that.

Failing that, Plan B

Members don't see this ad.

It feels like you're a long, long way from your DIY path bringing your grades up to an acceptable level, and even with only one science course you were only able to swing a B.

I hate to be a downer, because I have all the respect in the world for someone trying to pursue this dream while working full-time. It's definitely not a level playing field . But at a certain point the results are the results. If you can find an SMP that would take you and you can actually devote your time to that program without working, it wouldn't be unreasonable to try as a last shot. But I just don't see that continuing this DIY plan is going to be fruitful for you.

Agree with Goro on trying one last time for retroactive W, but it seems like you tried that already. If possible, reach out to the actual dean rather than whoever the admin is, as they may have some more mercy.

Really gotta try to get the F removed from your transcript as this will make you DOA at all schools. Sorry that you are in this unfortunate situation.

If they do get removed, you will need to get A in your other courses. B are not going to cut it in a post-bac.

Status
Not open for further replies.