advice needed on DAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Application345

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took the DAT and got:
PAT: 21 QR:21 RC:16 Biol: 21 Chem: 22 OChem: 21 TC: 21 AA:20

With the 16 in reading do I still have a chance?

My other stats are 3.61 sgpa and overall gpa by aadsass.
I have already applied this cycle
I also have plenty of volunteering, leadership, and research experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you have a chance but definitely reach out to schools directly and ask if the 16 in RC will be a problem. Some schools have firm cutoffs and others are more flexible.

So I just took the DAT and got:
PAT: 21 QR:21 RC:16 Biol: 21 Chem: 22 OChem: 21 TC: 21 AA:20

With the 16 in reading do I still have a chance?

My other stats are 3.61 sgpa and overall gpa by aadsass.
I have already applied this cycle
I also have plenty of volunteering, leadership, and research experience.
Why the low reading score? Is English a 2nd language?

Members don't see this ad :)
Could you please tell a little bit about your RC practice scores with Bootcamp? Were they also around 16 with each test? If your practice scores were better than 16, you may just get a bad luck with difficult passages on real DAT this time.

Congrats on your other scores. I was in a similar boat for my retake (I TANKED the RC and QR sections). One thing I noticed while applying was that for some schools I applied to (for example, Tennessee), have a disclaimer on their site that says you need to be 17+ in everything. Not saying they won't make exceptions, but you may want to call ahead to your goal schools and see what you need. I just went ahead with my retake, but my AA was lower and since you're so close you may be alright.