Advice Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guardian

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been waitlisted by two schools and I still have yet to hear from 4 schools that I've interviewed at (well the fourth is after graduation). I want to still indicate my interets in these schools by writing a letter and or sending in an additional letter of recommendation. Which do you think is better? Also in writing a letter what suggestions do you have? Thanks
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

I think it really depends on how many recs you've already sent out, and whether or not the rec would be for something you've done since applying. Of course, letters of intent are a more direct hint. Plenty of schools do not want applicants to send in supplemental materials, so you might want to check out each school's policy if you haven't already.

I generally thought that calling admissions can be a no-no but sending them additional information is OK? My recommendations were sent out as a composite evaluation. I've asked a professor to send out a letter for me which she did in late December. I haven't done anything new since so maybe a letter of intent is more appropriate.