advice needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nummo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm studying anatomy, embryology, histology and neurology from first aid for nbde-part 1 and the dental decks. Is that sufficient or do I need to study the above mentioned subjects from Kaplan?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hi nummo,
my part 1 score is 90
although many may disagree with me but according to me if u r perfect with decks i mean each n everyline and do realeased papers thrice u shud get above 86 and i did the same and got 90,infact unfortunately i made 9 mistakes in the exam even though knowing the answers bcoz of tension.so decks n papers if done perfectly r sufficent
goodluck

hi nummo,
my part 1 score is 90
although many may disagree with me but according to me if u r perfect with decks i mean each n everyline and do realeased papers thrice u shud get above 86 and i did the same and got 90,infact unfortunately i made 9 mistakes in the exam even though knowing the answers bcoz of tension.so decks n papers if done perfectly r sufficent
goodluck

hiiiii
Sairamjayaram....

I am retaking nbde part 1 in may, i want to make sure that u studied only decks and papers.could u plz guide me that decks and papers are enough or i have to study something extra,bcoz some students they recommend usmle first aid for biochemistry,physiology.I am very confused plz help me.
thank you.

i'm studying anatomy, embryology, histology and neurology from first aid for nbde-part 1 and the dental decks. Is that sufficient or do I need to study the above mentioned subjects from Kaplan?

hi...
i feel that dental decks are enough,,,but u need to do them very very well and more than 1 time...also the released papers..try to know were u r doing mistakes and try to find an explanation for the questions which you answered wrong so you will never forget them again...
i studied like that...and to be honest on the exam day i felt that i am not preparing well, but at the end i get 87 and my friend who applied with me she did exactly the same and she also get 87...i think it's a nice score...
best wishes ever...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, i disagree that decks and released papers are enough to score 90 or even 85, i think its only enough to pass the exam, u need to study atleast from kaplan nbde for bio/phy, and microbiology, u also need to study from nbde first aid or mosby review book for part 1, Decks is enough for general pathology only, but is very poor material for physiology ,biochemistry, DA, and anatomical science, so go through decks after u finish kaplan notes .good luck!

hi nummo,
my part 1 score is 90
goodluck

hai
when did u give the exam?did u follow the new released 2009 edition?can u pls tell me if its necessary to buy the new 2009 edition for giving exam in month of may??thanku.