Advice: Ohio State or Georgetown?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fioriranno

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently found out I got into one of these schools, and now I have a few days to decide which place to attend and I'm very torn! Any advice?

I'm originally from Ohio (so OSU would be in-state tuition, close to my parents), but I hope to end up on the East Coast.

I'd appreciate any input! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

both good schools. can't go wrong with either. i would choose ohio state b/c proxmity to family and cheaper tuition.

I would go to Ohio State because your total cost will be lower.
You can always go to East Coast for your residency, and you will be glad that you went to the less expensive school once loans kick in.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you want to do your residency in that proximity, go to georgetown...most students of Ohio State end up in Ohio. Plus, its good to try new things...go to GEORGETOWN!

if you want to do your residency in that proximity, go to georgetown...most students of Ohio State end up in Ohio. Plus, its good to try new things...go to GEORGETOWN!

that's b/c most students that attend ohio state are from ohio.

(not biased or anything but...) Pick OSU! the school is large and diverse and plenty of research opportunities and Columbus is just an amazing city overall. good luck

(not biased or anything but...) Pick OSU! the school is large and diverse and plenty of research opportunities and Columbus is just an amazing city overall. good luck

comparing the diversity of columbus ohio to washington dc... hmmmmmmmmmm

To the last post, I think he was referring strictly to the student body, in which case Ohio State is usually very diverse...D.C. probably has the upper hand in terms of city/patient diversity though...but anyway, you should probably consider staying with the instate school...the tuition and cost of living are far cheaper at OSU...you will have all or even more of the resources, research, student groups etc that you would have at georgetown...and like other people have said, just go to the east coast for residency if that is where you really desire to be...unlike someone else said, it is not like all OSU students are from Ohio...just under half the entering class is usually out-of-state...and yes, many choose to do residency in Ohio/the Midwest, but at a school like OSU you will be plenty competitive for any residency position, so you will go east coast if you still want it at that time...best of luck in the decision (but go OSU b/c thats the choice I made!!!:p)

i'd be happy to talk to you about georgetown...you can feel free to PM me or post questions here. i would definetly agree with people above who've said that the in state school is a much better bet in terms of cost. in terms of experience....i can't really make a direct comparison, but georgetown is a great school.

however since my b/f is a U of M grad, i'm also compelled to tell you that OSU sucks. therefore, go to georgetown. :laugh:

You posted in my thread.
I think I am inclining towards OSU. Let's be classmates! :)