Advice on Approaching a Doctor about Shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

revoapparel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

How should I go about approaching a doctor if I am interested in shadowing him/her for a day, week, or perhaps longer? For now, I am very interested in opthalmalogy, so I picked up a book that had all the doctors specializing in that field and noted their contact information. Should I just email them introducing myself and asking them if I could perhaps make an appointment to meet with the person and perhaps have a chat? Should I call rather? Should it be of concern that I haven't had the chance to meet this person?

Thanks for the advice!
Alex

Members don't see this ad.

Search this, it's been talked about too much to burn another thread on. But most doctors will be nice no matter how you approach them. Just be nice.

Tha Fly

revoapparel said:
Hi,

How should I go about approaching a doctor if I am interested in shadowing him/her for a day, week, or perhaps longer? For now, I am very interested in opthalmalogy, so I picked up a book that had all the doctors specializing in that field and noted their contact information. Should I just email them introducing myself and asking them if I could perhaps make an appointment to meet with the person and perhaps have a chat? Should I call rather? Should it be of concern that I haven't had the chance to meet this person?

Thanks for the advice!
Alex