Advice on booking hop-scotch plane tickets online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lily2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if y'all knew how to book tickets online to get from "where your currently at (city A) to city B (for interview 1), then connect on to city C (for interview 2), then fly back home from city C back to city A?" I'm thinking I might have to do it through a travel agent (I only know how to book a 1-legged trip online :p ), but thought I'd ask you guys first.

Members don't see this ad.

try <a href="http://www.orbits.com" target="_blank">www.orbits.com</a> and click on more search options or mult-city, something like that.

try travelocity.com and then multiple destinations. that is usually good and cheap. But that might get expensive so just book one way tickets. sometimes that is the way to do it because when you are trying to leave and arrive at certain times, they make it more expensive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Best site is

<a href="http://www.orbitz.com" target="_blank">www.orbitz.com</a>

(not orbits)...I have used it so many times...I swear I helped keep them in business...beware..it costs SOOO MUCH! I am so far in debt now I can barely breathe.

Hey, Scoob, I've never used orbitz before, and have a question. I need to book a NYC to Albany roundtrip, but I will be leaving Alaska Monday night. It's a web-only fare. Will they be able to get me my itinerary in time? Do they have some sort of option to overnight stuff to you? With all the new airport security, I definitely need something in hand before I leave on Monday.

All you need in hand is ID :)

Just do ticketless travel..it will be fine!!

Orbitz automatically send tickets to you FedEx overnight if they are paper tickets (and they charge you $15 to do it). If they are e-tickets, they will give you the confirmation code needed to check-in via an e-mail usually the day after you purchase the tickets.

I use orbitz all the time. They always manage to come up with fairs cheaper than travelocity, expedia, or alaskaair - even for the exact same ticket. Even for travel just between Fairbanks and Anchorage or Juneau.

Scoob: Well, I guess you should know, with all the traveling you've been doing! ;) :)

mpp: Like I said before, a veritable fount of information! :D Thanks so much. For west coast travel I usually rely on the AK Airlines site, and will stop doing so immediately! How's orbitz for international travel?

Thanks for the advice, I knew you guys would know. :) If there are any other sites that do the multiple destinations, would you all let me know?

Scooby: I think you should buy some shares of orbitz or at least have earned a free ticket by now w/ all the millage you've covered!

Hey Scabby did my link not work???
<a href="http://www.orbits.com" target="_blank">www.orbits.com</a> takes you to the same spot there scoobo.

If you print out the itinerary that they send you via email you can save yourself expensive shipping charges.