Advice on Dental Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

punjabi1984

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am starting dental school in India (Manipal University) and wanted some advice from people who have already done dentistry in India....pls help me if u can....here are my concerns......

1. How hard is it to get into a program in the US(preferably a 2 year one)
2. What Score range is good for the National Board Exams part 1 and 2
3. What GPA should i maintain?

Thanks for your help guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I am starting dental school in India (Manipal University) and wanted some advice from people who have already done dentistry in India....pls help me if u can....here are my concerns......

1. How hard is it to get into a program in the US(preferably a 2 year one)
2. What Score range is good for the National Board Exams part 1 and 2
3. What GPA should i maintain?

Thanks for your help guys!!
if u able to deal well with nagaraj n kishore in 1st yr, Dr. Nirmala Rao in 2nd n 3rd yr, friggin medicine n surgery dept in 3rd yr, n Dr. Kariappa in final yr, believe me it'll b a cake walk for u... :D Manipal is a nice campus with gr8 chics... so study hard n party harder... teri DDS pakki... :)

Hey thanks for the responce but who are these people....profs??:confused:

also can u help me with the original questions posted....thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thanks for the responce but who are these people....profs??:confused:

also can u help me with the original questions posted....thanks
yup these r the people u gonna deal with in coming 4 yrs...
anyways, coming to ur questions:
1. How hard is it to get into a program in the US(preferably a 2 year one): it depends on lot of things... ur NBDE score, SOP, Resume, Experience after internship, LORs etc etc... but if u get good scores in NBDE, more than half the job is done.

2. What Score range is good for the National Board Exams part 1 and 2: the more the better, no doubt bout that...

3. What GPA should i maintain?: its easy to maintain good GPA in Manipal as compared to other colleges, so even a little effort will b fruitful... bottomline - Manipal is the best... so u starting with a good note...
Baaki taan punjabi khud samajhdaar hunde ne... ALL THE BEST for future...

yup these r the people u gonna deal with in coming 4 yrs...
anyways, coming to ur questions:
1. How hard is it to get into a program in the US(preferably a 2 year one): it depends on lot of things... ur NBDE score, SOP, Resume, Experience after internship, LORs etc etc... but if u get good scores in NBDE, more than half the job is done.

2. What Score range is good for the National Board Exams part 1 and 2: the more the better, no doubt bout that...

3. What GPA should i maintain?: its easy to maintain good GPA in Manipal as compared to other colleges, so even a little effort will b fruitful... bottomline - Manipal is the best... so u starting with a good note...
Baaki taan punjabi khud samajhdaar hunde ne... ALL THE BEST for future...

Thanks for the help....also when do u recommend i take the national board exams.....?? 2 year of manipal or wait till the indian part is over?

Thanks for the help....also when do u recommend i take the national board exams.....?? 2 year of manipal or wait till the indian part is over?
depends when u ready n well prepared...