Advice on finding a job at UCLA/USC/UCSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Obsidian

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking a year off before I go to medical school and would like to return to California to work in either clinical research or health advocacy. I have been looking for a job for a couple of months now but most of the jobs I have come across are in the state where I attend undergrad and I'd prefer not to spend another year here. I've checked out the websites for UCLA, USC, and UCSF but haven't had much luck. Perhaps I just don't know where to look. Do you guys know of any good websites with listings for positions at these medical schools? Any advice/information would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Knowing someone helps. That's how I got my job at UCLA. There's also a link to job listings on UCLA's homepage. I'm leaving my position in clinical research July 2nd - you interested?

you should go to the research sections of the websites at the medical schools. you will find faculty profiles and contact info. you can also try emailing the office of the dean of research; they usually can know of openings. i would suggest you work at the school where you think you have the best chance at from your stats, where you fit in the best, and where you think you will benefit the most.

Members don't see this ad :)
All is fair in love, war, and craigslist.

That's where I found my job. It rocks.

try craigs list for sure, they have great listings, especially for jobs here in nor cal. i myself did research at ucsf but got the position through some personal contacts. i tried going through their website but came out with no luck. they have a career bulletin which they post every week with new jobs, might want to check that out if you haven't. try doing a search for "employment opportunities" on their website and you should find it. i would honestly say though your best bet is with craigslist. also, ucsf posts many jobs there as well. hope you find one and that it works out.

is craigslist.com only for the bay area??

Originally posted by docmemi
is craigslist.com only for the bay area??

no they have it for all the major cities....

even houston...:laugh:

Thanks for the info guys.