advice on foreign medical schools Caribbean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowboard8

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am thinking about applying to some foreign medical schools, do you know any information or have any advice on some good schools in which it will be easy to come back to the US to practice, thinking about general surgery. Or if you know any residents or doctors that went to foreign schools please let me know what school they went to and what field they are in. I am currently in TX and a US citizen. Thanks for your time>

Members don't see this ad.

wussup! im a second year medical student from the philippines. the philippines is a nice place to get a medical education. im suggesting the following medical schools:

1. university of the philippines-philippine general hospital

2. far eastern university-nicanor reyes medical foundation institute of medicine

3. univesity of santo tomas college of medicine

4. university of the east-ramon magsaysay college of medicine

there are lots of filipinos and americans who graduated from philippine medical schools that are in the US and are doing quite well. well good luck man! hope to see you here! if you would like to drop me a line my email ad is [email protected]

Don't even think of going to St. Martinus University Faculty of Medicine in Curacao. You will never be able to get into any speciality. They claim everything on their website like other schools but they have nothing to deliver. They are a bunch of non doctors in their to make quick money. They have no regard for students. I had personal experince and I don't want any other student to be robbed off their dreams by money hungry people.

Prospective medical students should consider a number factors when choosing Caribbean medical schools. The top three schools are fine and equivalent to US schools.
All other schools promise alot but deliver nothing. I was promised everything including residency but after paying the fees I found out that everything they said was a lie and they would not refund the fees. This medical school is St Martinus University Faculty of Medicine. If anyone wants to be a doctor then AVOID St Martinus University Faculty of Medicine at all cost.