1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on how I should study...?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by gopens67, Apr 17, 2007.

1. gopens67

10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I have basically been studying since september. Its obviously been hard to study during the school year, but I have put my time in and I feel my science background is pretty good at this point. I took the test yesterday while I was very sick with a sinus infection, and I really wasn't able to do my best. I know I will have to retake it. Even though I have studied since september, I only finished the AAMC tests 3-10...so a majority of my studying was content based in the sciences, and not really much test taking. The only studying I did for verbal was quickly reviewing the strategies and then taking the aamc practice tests. My highest score was a 28, 10 in PS, 9 in Verbal, 9 in Bio. I would consistently get 7-8 on verbal and I was usually getting atleast a 9 in PS and Bio. I plan on taking the test on May 31st or June 15th... (by the way, would either of those dates be OK if im applying for 08, and im assuming its still possible to register despite the problems with the registration system)...I have all the Kaplan tests available to me, and I think I could probablly identify where my weaknesses are in my subjects. I realize that I need to improve my verbal...I was thinking about buying the EK books, 101 verbal psgs, and EK minimcats. I also have the kaplan verbal passage book at my discretion. Im also thinking of reading the economist. Im just sort of dazed and confused right now, because I have put so much time in and I still havent seen much payoff. Should I focus more on tweaking my strategy? Any suggestions would be much appreciated....

thanks,
    Oz

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.