Advice on making plans while waitlisted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emcor29

Reaction score
Hello! I am an international (US) applicant currently waitlisted at AVC, and they said up until the first week of classes I could have a chance. While I am excited about this, I know I have to have plans for the fall in case I do not get in. But I don't want to apply for a job if there is a chance I'll be heading to Canada instead. I was thinking of contacting someone and asking what I could improve on in my application, but I feel like I shouldn't contact them now, with everything going on with the virus. Does anyone (AVC students or otherwise) have experience to share or advice on what to do?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone (AVC students or otherwise) have experience to share or advice on what to do?

I tell every applicant to plan as though they are rejected until they get an acceptance letter. This is because I was wait listed for 3 cycles at one school, and accepted at a different school during that third cycle. I did not plan on being wait listed the first cycle, and it really hurt my application for the second cycle.

Make plans as though you will be reapplying. If that's getting a job, start job hunting (within reason right now, obviously). Definitely contact the school about a file review. Theyll respond when they can. You cant put your life on hold until classes start; that's potentially 5 months of improving your application before it is due.

Reactions: 2 users