Biology (405) 51
Reading Comprehension (384) 23
Quantitative (404) 55
Chemistry (415) 72
Composite: 47

Overall GPA: 2.9 (~150 credits)
5 years pharmacy technician experience
Great personal statement, and LOR's

I am afraid that taking the PCAT again in October will lessen my chances on being granted an interview. I used Dr. Collins to study and for some reason my exam was extremely different then his practice exams.

Sep 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I think you might have a shot im In the same position gpa-wise. How was the bio and chemistry on there? Thanks

AstraZ

prn
Sep 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I
Verbal Ability (395) 38
Biology (405) 51
Quantitative (404) 55
Chemistry (415) 72

I am afraid that taking the PCAT again in October will lessen my chances on being granted an interview. I used Dr. Collins to study and for some reason my exam was extremely different then his practice exams.
I would think taking it again in October would actually help your chances of getting an interview because the schools will see you're trying to improve your scores. That being said, schools may wait to see how your next score comes out before extending an interview invitation. Do you know the minimum score requirements for your target schools?

OP
P
Aug 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I

I would think taking it again in October would actually help your chances of getting an interview because the schools will see you're trying to improve your scores. That being said, schools may wait to see how your next score comes out before extending an interview invitation. Do you know the minimum score requirements for your target schools?
The minimum composite score for the schools that I want to attend are 50% composite. Mine is very close, but I'm not sure if they would still give me an interview with a low composite. This was my second time taking the exam, I had a 72 percentile in Quant the first time around, but the second time I got the 55 percentile, and my other areas improved. Dr. Collins was very similar to the exam when I took it the first time, but the exam I recently had was the complete opposite of Collins, and I am not sure why.

AstraZ

prn
Sep 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
The minimum composite score for the schools that I want to attend are 50% composite. Mine is very close, but I'm not sure if they would still give me an interview with a low composite. This was my second time taking the exam, I had a 72 percentile in Quant the first time around, but the second time I got the 55 percentile, and my other areas improved. Dr. Collins was very similar to the exam when I took it the first time, but the exam I recently had was the complete opposite of Collins, and I am not sure why.
If their minimum is 50 and you're below that, even if you're close, you need to retake. There's a small chance they might extend an interview, but some schools will not even look at anything else if your PCAT doesn't meet their minimum.

You mentioned this is the second time you've taken it and that some scores went down. Did you run out of time? Did you panic? Or are you focusing on memorizing the questions and correct answers without really understanding how to get the right answers?

Feb 7, 2015
Status
Pharmacy Student
Verbal Ability (395) 38
Biology (405) 51
Quantitative (404) 55
Chemistry (415) 72

I am in the exact same boat as you. Roughly the same score and gpa. Dr collins did not help me to the extent everyone was hyping over that it would even though I thoroughly went through and made sure I knew the stuff . This September PCAT was different I guess then. I felt that the Pearson practice exams were most closely related to the content and then there was the variable of time. If you are good at being put under pressure while doing excellent under time. That is the skill I would advise others.
I was thinking of retaking it but it might push my application to the end of the pile and diminish my chances.
What are your plans?