Advice on my situation please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meghaneuron

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

So I need some advice/inspiration about a situation that I am in.
My stats are: 3.2 sGPA, 3.6 cGPA, 29 MCAT.
I am currently taking two courses to raise my sGPA.
3 years of volunteer/leadership work, 1 year of research, currently full-time job in a hospital as a nurse's aide.
1 D.O. letter + committee letter .

I applied to UB (I am originally from Buffalo and I know that they favor these types of students), SUNY upstate, Drexel, and Commonwealth.

I recently interviewed at PCOM (for the 2nd time -- last year I was waitlisted) and just received my rejection letter. Clearly, I must have bombed the interview unknowingly or something -- I will be calling today to find out what really happened.

I sent out 4 more D.O. applications yesterday (WVSOM, UNECOM, NYCOM, and LECOM). However, giving the lateness of my application, what do you guys think are my chances for getting an acceptance this year? This is my 2nd year applying. Perhaps any tips for landing an interview (e.g. sending out letters of interest, etc.)?

Any advice, help, inspiration, something, would help.

Members don't see this ad.

Your stats are good for DO, but you applied really late. I'd say if you can wait a year then you have great chances for DO.
For MD, your MCAT is a bit low, and GPA definitely needs a boost.

Patience, young Jedi....patience!
I think it's still early in the game, but I am suprosed that you haven't snagged at least one interview yet, with those numbers. The low sGPA might hurt you at some schools (like mine), but you should be hearing something this cycle.

IF you don't get any more interviews, I suspect a bad LOR might be hurting you. The 2nd rejection from PCOM might be due to something as simple as not showing how you've improved over last years application run.

Hi all!

So I need some advice/inspiration about a situation that I am in.
My stats are: 3.2 sGPA, 3.6 cGPA, 29 MCAT.
I am currently taking two courses to raise my sGPA.
3 years of volunteer/leadership work, 1 year of research, currently full-time job in a hospital as a nurse's aide.
1 D.O. letter + committee letter .

I applied to UB (I am originally from Buffalo and I know that they favor these types of students), SUNY upstate, Drexel, and Commonwealth.

I recently interviewed at PCOM (for the 2nd time -- last year I was waitlisted) and just received my rejection letter. Clearly, I must have bombed the interview unknowingly or something -- I will be calling today to find out what really happened.

I sent out 4 more D.O. applications yesterday (WVSOM, UNECOM, NYCOM, and LECOM). However, giving the lateness of my application, what do you guys think are my chances for getting an acceptance this year? This is my 2nd year applying. Perhaps any tips for landing an interview (e.g. sending out letters of interest, etc.)?

Any advice, help, inspiration, something, would help.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you get As in those two science classes, send in a formal transcript to AACOMAS so they can update schools for you. You might also mention them in update letters to be absolutely sure they're noted.

The cycle for DO isn't seriously late like it is for MD. I agree with Goro. Be patient. And keep improving your ECs for the sake of update letters.

Thanks for your replies :) I will certainly be patient and continue working hard.