Hey guys, I was looking for some advice on shadowing. I have never done it before, but I start next week. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could answer the following questions:
- What do I need to bring? Is a notebook/pen necessary?
- Is it appropriate to ask questions? I don't want to inundate the doc with questions, but I feel that not asking any questions would be a waste of the doc's time and my time.
- How much am I expected to understand what is going on? I have some hospital volunteering experience + bio major, but I doubt these help a whole lot in the hospital/clinical setting.
- How many times do you shadow one doctor before moving on to a different doctor/department?
- Do you shadow the doc for the whole work day? A few hours? I'm suppose to start at 7 AM, but I have no idea when I'm leaving... lol.