Advice on Plan of Attack

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfguy84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before, I've gone ahead and started taking my remaining pre-reqs, not sure how I would do as I was never strong in Math......turns out it wasn't a math issue, it was a studying issue. Though I've been out of undergrad for 6 years, things are just coming so easily (or I'm working harder) to me now.

I've gotten straight A's in my pre-reqs plus a couple recommended classes, but still need to take chem II, physics II, and organic chem I/II. I'm at the point where I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and actually have the confidence in my ability to do this. That said, I need a little help planning things out from here...

By the time I apply, I should have sGPA of 3.8-3.9, post-bacc GPA 3.8 (assuming more a's and b's in ochem), and cGPA 3.1-3.2....which probably puts me in DO land unless I really kill the MCAT, which leads to my first question..

I know I need to do really well on the MCAT (30+ would be great), when should I start studying? Should I start now? What should I start studying first?

Second question - how important is it that I've taken ochem II before taking the MCAT? Is it worth taking ochem II even if it means I'll be pushing things back a year, as well as taking the 2015 MCAT?

Last question - aside from my pre-reqs, are there any classes you think are especially useful for the MCAT? I've already taken physiology and microbiology.

Many thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: