Advice on pre-med classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazy bananas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to SDN, but I have a question and hopefully some one can give me some advice. So I just finished my sophomore year and my science grades are not the best.

biology I A
biology II C+
Chem I C
Chem II C+
Organic I B-
Organic lab A
Cell biology B-

I still have plenty of science classes left along with some math classes to take. I was wondering should I retake some of the classes where I got C's? My pre-med advisor has not mentioned anything about retaking any classes, but I just get so worried sometimes. I have been volunteering at a hospital since my freshmen year. I also tutored statistics for psychology this past semester. I have also been doing research since my freshmen year and I have a publication on the way. I would really appreciate some advice..

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Those science classes equal around 3.0 if I'm not mistaken. You should bring it up with additional science classes. Make sure you get A's in those math classes. Maybe take statistics ...

You only need to retake those classes if you didn't understand them well enough to excel on the MCAT. If you do retake, the second grade will be averaged in exactly as if you'd taken a new course. Unless you apply through AACOMAS (DO) which will replace the first grade with the most recent repeat. Each C you earn will need 4 As of equal weight to return your BCPM GPA back to the median for those accepted of 3.6.