advice on preparing for kansas interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those who have already interviewed at kansas, i have a few questions for you:

1) how did you prepare for your kumc interviews?
2) who interviewed you (i.e. students, etc.)?
3) how long did it take for you to hear back from the admissions committee after you had interviewed?

please post your advice and comments here. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by uclamendoza
1) how did you prepare for your kumc interviews?

Hmmmm....They like to ask questions from your secondary, like "you stated such and such, elaborate on your reasoning". They have a form that they have to fill out that covers certain catagories, so they ask some ethical and hypothetical Q's to evaluate you in those fields. They also ask the standard "tell me about yourself" and "why Kansas/what would you bring to the entering class of 2003". Do some mock interviews and brush up on ethics and current health care issues.

2) who interviewed you (i.e. students, etc.)?

First interview is with a pair of alums, faculty, or associates of the med center(closed file, only have the PS). After an hour, you will interview with a member of the admissions committee(open file).

3) how long did it take for you to hear back from the admissions committee after you had interviewed?

They get back to you after 2-3 weeks with either a hold letter or an acceptance. The hold letter means that you will be reviewed with each subsequent interview pool until you are accepted or the class is full. At that point they waitlist or reject you. I think they said that they reject a few following each interview round, but they were not clear about that.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck,
DALA

thanks dala and good luck with any upcoming interviews.