Advice on rescheduling? Pls help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lysineaparticacid

Reaction score
Was hoping for some advice on what to do regarding scheduling, Im currently scheduled for 1/21
Was aiming for a 512-514 but my AAMC scores (FL1-3) have been pretty low compared to that:
507 (127/125/128/127)
508 (127/127/127/127)
506 (127/125/128/126)
I’m also concerned if I reschedule for march that Ive wasted all the AAMC material, I did all the SBs (70%) between FL 2 and 3 and was hoping to see a jump in my score but ended up doing worse. Feeling extremely discouraged, any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

If your target score is mid 510s you could consider rescheduling. There is a good likelihood you won’t get that given your target score. Though, you do still have a few weeks to prepare.

you can take the mcat until may (arguably even june) with your application still being as early as possible.

you can 100% increase the three non-cars sections with dedicated prep that consists of Uworld, tbr, khan academy, and ns/ek full party exams if you haven’t already done those.
Pasting link to reddit post I wrote with specific recommendations:

Reactions: 1 user
I'd definitely recommend postponing if you're target score is a 512+. While your AAMC content the second time won't be the most representative, it's better than getting a score you don't want and having to retake anyway. You'll still have one FL exam to help you gauge where you're at.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors