Advice on scholarship search

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IceDuchess

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was recently accepted to a DO program and am currently applying for scholarships. Due to family circumstances, I am not expecting to receive any financial aid from my parents or relatives and am depending entirely on loans and scholarships to cover my program costs. I have looked through a few websites, but as a white female living in Orange County, CA with parents who were physicians, I find that I am ineligible to apply for many scholarships. It seems that each one has very specific requirements and I unfortunately do not meet their criteria. Has anyone found any websites with scholarships that I might qualify for? I would really appreciate any advice you may have. I am new to this process and am trying to gather information. I already contacted the financial aid office of my program and they refer me to FAFSA (which I will be submitting soon) and Fastweb (which I am currently looking through).

Members don't see this ad.

I have looked but found that most scholarships are for M2 to M4 students. I have not seen any so far for incoming M1 students.

Reactions: 1 user