Advice on UPenn, Jefferson and others??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funnygirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I wanted to see if anyone knows anything about any of these programs for the IM categorical program.
I can't figure out what UPenn's call schedule is like (website is so vague)..is there night float or is it overnight call or what? How hardcore is the residency??
Also, does anyone know anything about any of those other schools: Jefferson, how tough their orogram is, is it scut-filled, do the residents have fun??

What about GW, Boston U, Tufts...
I read the stuff on Georgetown?? Is still a decent program minus the scut and "being in the red"...

Members don't see this ad.

If you are considering applying to Jeff, I honestly think you should strongly consider temple in philly as well. In terms of Medicine residencies, it is considered to be one of the stronger in Philadelphia... And the workload is much more evenly distributed from what I have heard.

Just sayin....

You'll likely get this out of the interview day, but on the q4 ward rotations you admit patients until 11PM (or until you cap) and then a nightfloat JAR working with a SAR admit until the morning. You still stay overnight to take care of your patients and crosscover.

ICUs are Q3, and there is nightfloat

Outpatient is no call, which is great (there are programs out there that have you take call on outpatient)