Advice on what schools to apply with my stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hungrydesperate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I would appreciate if you guys can give me advice to which schools i should and should not apply to with my stats. i'm a ga resident. i have a 3.65 overall gpa and 3.72 science gpa. 200+ shadowing hours. 600+ Researched hours. 1000+ volunteering, community service, clubs hours. dat is on the lower side...:(
aa-18
ts-19
oc-19
gc-18
bio-19
rc-17
qr-16
pat-19
schools i'm planning to apply are
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Arizona
Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
University of Southern California Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry
Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Dental Medicine
Georgia Health Sciences University College of Dental Medicine
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois
Creighton University School of Dentistry
Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine
Please let me know if i have picked the right schools or not. i know my dat scores are not that high but if you think i can should add some other schools to my list please let me know.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They sound about right, but I would advise you to go ahead and submit your applications right now, as you still have to go through the secondary applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,
I would appreciate if you guys can give me advice to which schools i should and should not apply to with my stats. i'm a ga resident. i have a 3.65 overall gpa and 3.72 science gpa. 200+ shadowing hours. 600+ Researched hours. 1000+ volunteering, community service, clubs hours. dat is on the lower side...:(
aa-18
ts-19
oc-19
gc-18
bio-19
rc-17
qr-16
pat-19
schools i'm planning to apply are
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Arizona
Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
University of Southern California Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry
Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Dental Medicine
Georgia Health Sciences University College of Dental Medicine
Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine-Illinois
Creighton University School of Dentistry
Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine
Please let me know if i have picked the right schools or not. i know my dat scores are not that high but if you think i can should add some other schools to my list please let me know.
thanks

try tufts, NYU, Pittsburgh, UMDNJ, boston, Midwestern @ Arizona, Roseman (fairly new), and Las Vegas?

I think the list seems pretty on target, good gpa, good dat, may as well add a few reach schools...

It looks great to me, but I would add just one more school... NYU

Have you thought about Nova? Their supplemental app is pretty easy and you definitely have the stats and extracurriculars to get in.

Have you thought about Nova? Their supplemental app is pretty easy and you definitely have the stats and extracurriculars to get in.
i wanted to apply to nova since it is closer to my state school but I thought nova's last years dat avg was 20 since my dat is on the lower side i am having second thoughts about it.

i wanted to apply to nova since it is closer to my state school but I thought nova's last years dat avg was 20 since my dat is on the lower side i am having second thoughts about it.

I think you definitely have the GPA to compensate for your DAT score. The way I see it, if they have an average DAT of 20 then that includes a lot of scores +/- 2 from 20. I have around the same stats as you, 19 DAT and a little below your GPA, and I got an interview fairly quickly from them.

I think you definitely have the GPA to compensate for your DAT score. The way I see it, if they have an average DAT of 20 then that includes a lot of scores +/- 2 from 20. I have around the same stats as you, 19 DAT and a little below your GPA, and I got an interview fairly quickly from them.
well thanks for your advice now i'm going to call the school and ask where i stand...really appreciate for your feedback :)