Advice on when to take Step 2 ck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nightowl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was supposed to take the test July 29. Then one of my friends planned a weekend bachelorette party for July 25th, and another decided to get married the weekend of August 1st, with the rehearsal dinner the night before. I got overwhelmed with all of the upcoming activities and moved the test date to Aug 11. Well, I am scheduled to start peds wards Aug 3, basically the day I get back from wedding festivities. Now I'm looking at these upcoming weeks, thinking between weddings and peds wards, how am I going to study?! Even though I pushed the date back, my schedule is hectic between now and the test date.

So I have no idea what to do. I'm still scoring in the 40's to 60's on uWorld, with mostly 50's. Wards here are q4, so in the final days leading up to the test, I'll be working quite a bit. I'm afraid I'll not do well on wards or on step 2 bc I won't have enough time/ be too distracted.

I'm scared....

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: