Advice on where to apply and when to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MattS1988

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have read a bunch of threads on these forums, but I have never started a thread or posted in one. I am struggling with a decision to make at the moment. I have a fairly high GPA-3.8 (Biology GPA is the same), great extracurriculars with research, shadowing, and college basketball, but I have an abysmal MCAT score at 25R: 8P, 8V, 9B. While I know I need to retake the test (date is June 21), I need to know if I should still apply on June 5 (when applications open up), and list that I am taking the test at a future date. Or should I wait for my result, which would come after the early application deadline, and then apply to schools? Will they just throw out my application because of my score, or will they wait? Just in a bind at what to do. I've heard that my only chance is submit it early and list I'm taking it at a future date, but I'm not sure. Its a lot of money to waste if I won't be looked at seriously. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, what schools to apply to DO or MD would help. I am an Ohio/Florida resident.

Thanks,

Matt

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: