Advice on whether or not to take the DAT in late august/september

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hplfe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a question about taking the DATs.

I have been working through the 8 week DAT study program and I'm just starting week 5 (starting the DAT destroyer etc.) I'm a little worried because I'm not doing so well on these destroyer questions, probably only getting around 60-70% of these questions right, despite all the studying + note taking i did for the first 5-6 weeks (i extended reading KBB and Cliffs) If I stick with the program would I be ready to take the DATs in late august/september or would I need more time?

I'm going to be a Junior in september, so its not the end of the world for me if I dont take it then, but I would like to take them because I already finished all the prerequisites and I am probably fresher now than I will be next summer. I would like to do an internship next summer too so I dont want to have the DATs hanging in the back of my mind.

I'm aiming for 24+ on the DATs, I consider myself to be relatively smart, 3.8 for overall GPA and Science GPA.

So, do you guys think I'll be ready to take the DATs in late august/september? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I have a question about taking the DATs.

I have been working through the 8 week DAT study program and I'm just starting week 5 (starting the DAT destroyer etc.) I'm a little worried because I'm not doing so well on these destroyer questions, probably only getting around 60-70% of these questions right, despite all the studying + note taking i did for the first 5-6 weeks (i extended reading KBB and Cliffs) If I stick with the program would I be ready to take the DATs in late august/september or would I need more time?

I'm going to be a Junior in september, so its not the end of the world for me if I dont take it then, but I would like to take them because I already finished all the prerequisites and I am probably fresher now than I will be next summer. I would like to do an internship next summer too so I dont want to have the DATs hanging in the back of my mind.

I'm aiming for 24+ on the DATs, I consider myself to be relatively smart, 3.8 for overall GPA and Science GPA.

So, do you guys think I'll be ready to take the DATs in late august/september? Thanks in advance!

Dude, you're in great shape. Most people only get 30-40% on destroyer.

If you're getting 60-70% on the Destroyer stuff, you should get around 85%+ the second time you take it. Do it 3 times and you'll be golden.

It's good to aim for a high score, but after 22AA, it's all a game of chance. It all depends on the questions you get.
Something to consider: The difference between a 27 AA and a 22 AA is only 2-3 questions per section.

Plus, with that GPA, you can get away with a 19AA and get multiple interviews.

Anyways, you're good to go!