Advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BA

Here's the bullet. 3.5 overall GPA, 3.65 science gpa. MCAT= 8V 7P 8B. 3 years experience with EMS, finishing up Paramedic cert. 1600 hours Vol experience, as well as teaching experience at a medical prep academy. I am highly interested in osteopathic medicine, little worried about the MCAT scores. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, You MCAT is not bad but to become a stronger candidates, you need at least 25 to 26. My adivce is, retake MCAT and do better. Good luck.

I found that my EMS experience seemed to be looked upon highly during the application process and was very important during the interviews. It may help you a lot in your application process.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely take the MCAT again. You could still apply. That seven is going to hurt you...you are a long shot. 8's and 9's...at least one nine...a second and third solidify the app.

You WILL be accepted even with those scores. Apply as SOON as possible to as many schools as possible

Hi 3more2go,

"Will be accepted" is a strong comment. Even people with good gpa and strong MCAT may get rejection from med school.

This is only my opinion. No offense.

I remember when I was applying to UMDNJ-SOM for this year's entering class, they wrote on their application that people scoring under the national mean on the MCAT (8s all across)are at a competitive disadvantage. This is from the mouth of the admissions committee at this particular school.

EDGAR