advice please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabedoc1985

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site and glad I found it. I didn't do as well in my undergraduate degree as I should've because I wasn't determined and focused as I'm now. Because of this I'm interested in getting a second bachelors degree which could be finished in about a year and a half or less if I transfer credits from my previous degree. My question is, would medical schools combine my gpa from both degrees. if so, this could increase my chances of admissions greatly.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes.

I could just leave it at that & make it a simple answer.

All of your undergrad credits will be tallied together if you get a second bachelor's degree.:D

While it would work, I would highly consider getting a masters instead (if you have all the required courses for your application completed). A masters degree (and g.p.a. associated) can stand alone. Meaning if you have a 2.8 g.p.a. in undergrad, 45 hours of 4.0 doesn't do much to raise the 2.8; however, a 4.0 in a masters program goes a long way.