Advice please...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mayssy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your application looks good, so barring any red flags you'll be competitive. Obviously improve your GPA as much as you can, but focus on really doing the best you can on the MCAT. A 30+ MCAT score should put you in a good position, the higher the better. If I were you I would consider applying to more schools, especially if your MCAT is around 30 or high 20's.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

- Senior Medical Student / Admissions Committee Interviewer

I agree. Your application looks pretty solid. Looks like it's all up to your MCAT score from here on out

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you tremulousNeedle... I am pretty nervous mostly because of GPA, but hopefully I'll play it right with my PS and MCAT. Any advice on which other schools I could apply to?

For MCAT prep I'm hoping to dedicate this semester (pretty light classes) and take it in May... Maybe do a practice exam every weekend and many more in the last two weeks.. :scared:

Last edited:
You'll have a very nice application. I think med schools will love a student who's been as involved in activities as you are. I'd aim for a 31+ MCAT score. Once you have a solid number you can target more schools that give you a good chance. The ones you have so far are fine.

Thank you Catalystik :) Thanks guys

You'll have a very nice application. I think med schools will love a student who's been as involved in activities as you are. I'd aim for a 31+ MCAT score. Once you have a solid number you can target more schools that give you a good chance. The ones you have so far are fine.

I saw them yesterday and they were good..:)

All on the MCAT....do work!!

Also please apply to more than the 3 schools that you listed! All the best!

Haha Thanks J Dub... For some reason it felt weird keeping it up, like my entire life was on the thread, lol.

I haven't started on MCAT still putting together essays and PS (for LORs) but do work I will!

bannie, I'm looking into other schools now, I would like to stay in the area... my advisor said I'll probably need to include DO schools as well, but we'll see, I think it'll depend on MCAT

Plenty of time to prepare for the MCAT. When are you taking it in May? GL!

Prepare for the MCAT as if you are taking it only once. Keep that mentality, ease up on the spring semester classes, and study hard. A solid MCAT (32+) is very doable and can be coupled with an early application (verified in early-mid July, secondaries complete almost as soon as they roll in...) and you should be golden. study hard my friend.

Thanks Cleveland! I'll keep that in mind, ditto to everyone else who still has it lurking over them!