Advice Please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gcrews1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just got my MCAT back today 29M extremely disappointed. My cGPA is 3.85 and sGPA is 3.86. EC's include about 100 hrs of clinical volunteering, about 25 hours of shadowing, 2 years of research with a ton of conference presentations and also some community service type stuff. Should I retake and if so when and will this severely hurt my changes? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

???? please give me advice because tomorrow is the last day to register for the June 16 MCAT

29M is okay. Was this your first time? What state do you live in? It wouldn't hurt to sign up, as long as you know you can increase +2 or +3.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, my first time. I live in Maryland. The only thing I'm nervous about is that I don't know if now till June 16th is enough time to review.

I actually got my results back today as well and got a 29M (12-7-10). My 7 is going to force me to retake I think, but if all of your sections are 8 or above and you don't think you will improve, I wouldn't bother. I am interested to see what people say in response to this though. Good luck!

BS was 10 PS was 10 and V was 9. No I haven't looked at anything since I took it. Any other advice would be really appreciated. Thanks!

What were you averaging on your practice tests?

If you were averaging around a 29 on your practice tests, I don't think two weeks is enough to bring that score up by a significant margin. If you were averaging well above a 29 (let's say at least a 32), it might warrant consideration, but once again, 2 weeks is a very short time to prepare yourself for a retake.

A 29 won't hurt your chances as much as a lower score on the retake.

eh once again it's a tough decision because I was averaging about a 31.5 haha this is so tough. I hope I didn't ruin my chances for out of state schools