ADVICE ! Should I hasten my test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tasar1898

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone , I am a medical student from Greece who has studied for step 1 since May and I need advice on if I should reschedule my test ! My test is at December 22 ( around 6 weeks from now ) . I finished Kaplan qbank random timed with a cum of 80% a week ago and did NBME 11 online with a 262-660 score . I bought uworld and have so far done 8 blocks and get over 84% consistently . Now my question is : Should I skip uworld , just read FA for a couple weeks and get over with it or just keep my schedule(Uworld for 3-4 wks , then pure FA memorizing) ? I feel very strong on concepts but am kinda behind on the memorizing part ( anatomy , hereditary syndromes , drugs etc..) My aim is anything 250+

Thanks to everyone in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd definitely try to get through all of UWorld. If you got a 262 on a recent practice test and have most of UWorld to go through, you're in great shape. Just make sure you keep updating your memory on those things that are pure memorization like anatomy, drugs, etc. So I guess keep your current schedule.

Hello everyone , I am a medical student from Greece who has studied for step 1 since May and I need advice on if I should reschedule my test ! My test is at December 22 ( around 6 weeks from now ) . I finished Kaplan qbank random timed with a cum of 80% a week ago and did NBME 11 online with a 262-660 score . I bought uworld and have so far done 8 blocks and get over 84% consistently . Now my question is : Should I skip uworld , just read FA for a couple weeks and get over with it or just keep my schedule(Uworld for 3-4 wks , then pure FA memorizing) ? I feel very strong on concepts but am kinda behind on the memorizing part ( anatomy , hereditary syndromes , drugs etc..) My aim is anything 250+

Thanks to everyone in advance
No do not skip Uworld. Take the exam after Uworld unless you're more than happy settling for a 262 and not hitting your potential.

Thanks for the advice to both of you !! I just read all the other experiences in here that look like horror stories and it makes me very insecure.. I guess I 'll just follow my schedule to the end and aim for the best..