Quantcast

Advice to people who havent bought the aamc exams yet...

Get Shadowing and a Virtual Clinical Education
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Get the online version since it breaks down your score. I really liked how on 3R I could see the exact breakdown of what i missed, so I could go and review those sections in more depth.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I disagree. The paper versions will give you more of a realistic feel which is a VERY big part of preparing for the test.

MeowMix

Explaining "Post-Call"
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by OnMyWayThere
I disagree. The paper versions will give you more of a realistic feel which is a VERY big part of preparing for the test.

Miraculously, one is able to print out the tests from the web site, take them as paper tests, then go back and enter the answers later, acquiring the fabulous electronic score report as well. The wonders of technology!

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MeowMix
Miraculously, one is able to print out the tests from the web site, take them as paper tests, then go back and enter the answers later, acquiring the fabulous electronic score report as well. The wonders of technology!

I think the post before you did just that.

Anyway, my advice: keep it as real possible to the real thing. The paper formats you can get through the AAMC website and are formatted as close to your MCAT as possible. They come with solutions and a grade scaling system to convert your raw score into scaled. It's a great investment. Good luck!

kiahs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i liked the stewie avatar! Sorry nothing to do with the thread just thought i'd mention it.

HawkeyeBFP

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with taking it as a paper test.

I didn't--I took them all online and they were still very helpful, but on test day I ran out of time on not one but two sections--had never done that on any practice exam. I'm sure part of it was test-day nervousness, but looking back I'm also sure I did more flipping back and forth to check things in the paper version--when I took the tests online I just went straight through and never looked back.

I did well, but I really think if I'd paced myself properly I could have done better. Doing everything during practice as much as possible like it's going to be on test day just makes sense.