General Admissions & OTCAS Advice: where to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello003

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on where I could apply and have a chance of getting in with my stats. My stats are:

Major: Psychology
General GPA: ~3.2
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.8
GRE: V 155 Q 159 W 5
Volunteer/Shadowing: 50 hours pediatrics, 20 hours hand therapy

I was thinking of applying to: USC, NYU, Creighton, Brenau, Nova Southeastern, Springfield, U of Sciences, Howard, Philadelphia U

I know a lot of these schools are reach schools with my stats, but I just wanted to know what other schools would be realistic for me

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can't speak for other schools, but you're competitive in Texas.

Western Michigan University - Only looks at last 60 credit hours, entire program is under 50k, and it's a 1st tier program, whatever that is worth. Out of state and in state tuition is the same at the Grand Rapids campus. Average GPA is around a 3.8 for the last 60 / Pre Reqs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Milligan definitely looks at your entire application, not just stats, and has a huge weight on interview day (you have a lot of group work, writing sample in person, and small group interview). I'm about to start there and both my roommate an I did not have the best stats on paper but feel they have us a great chance based off life experience and performance that day.

You're super competitive. Check out Husson in Maine and Bay Path in Mass, they are cheaper and look at the applicant holistically...

PhilaU just merged into TJU, and is a weekend program. Why not apply to Jeff instead? And maybe Salus in the suburbs?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on where I could apply and have a chance of getting in with my stats. My stats are:

Major: Psychology
General GPA: ~3.2
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.8
GRE: V 155 Q 159 W 5
Volunteer/Shadowing: 50 hours pediatrics, 20 hours hand therapy

I was thinking of applying to: USC, NYU, Creighton, Brenau, Nova Southeastern, Springfield, U of Sciences, Howard, Philadelphia U

I know a lot of these schools are reach schools with my stats, but I just wanted to know what other schools would be realistic for me
You have a good shot at NYU with those stats. I had similar GRE (lower Q, higher V), same GPA and a lower pre-req GPA and got on the waitlist (not attending got into my first choice). Bump your hours a little bit and you'll get an interview almost anywhere with a strong personal statement.